Saturday 8th September

The place to announce the standard club ride. This will usally be early on a Saturday morning on road bikes and will be around 35 miles or so. There will often be a hill or two.
BarryT

Saturday 8th September

Post by BarryT » Mon Sep 03, 2018 9:36 am

You can tell we're into September; the summer suntan is rapidly fading, the conkers are ripening nicely, the mornings are a little chillier, it's getting dark a little earlier, pretty much everyone is back from holiday, kids are heading back to school, we're all getting stupidly excited about an imminent BCC October cycling trip, and the Thomas family are discussing who might be around on Saturday morning to tidy up and make the house look vaguely respectable and help prepare some scrummy offerings for the annual post-ride birthday breakfast.
Plan is to meet at the usual place for a 7am roll out (if you would like to interpret this as meeting at 6.55am then this is fine but please note we will not be waiting around for late arrivals in new Stolen Goat kit on Parlee bikes with squeaky brakes or people with cold arms who need to head home again to get arm warmers or people who need to check for the eighteenth time that the front door is properly shut etc etc.)
Route still to be decided but into Surrey for a few hills and a group arrival in West Molesey for breakfast at my house around 10.30am. There is usually a decent turnout for this ride as just about everyone seems to be available so hopefully this year will be no different, see you on Saturday.

(I mentioned last week to Chris Fry that when I first rode with Berrylands he told me he was 53 and I thought to myself that it would be great if I was still cycling regularly at that age. Well I'm there now! And Chris is still going strong too so hopefully I've got a few more years of club rides to look forward to!)

NikH

Re: Saturday 8th September

Post by NikH » Mon Sep 03, 2018 9:42 am

All sounds good Barry, I should be there (ride and breakfast) having not been around for any weekend rides all summer.

.... and surely we will all be sporting new BCC kit rather than Stolen Goat, no???

HiFry23

Post by HiFry23 » Mon Sep 03, 2018 10:27 am

Happy to keep being Barry's age domestique for the foreseeable future! Rat's - I can't make this weekend as I'm off with the boys on a South Wales mud trip. Taking the e-bike (too), which may be sign of the age times, but more to do with the extra fun it provides. Have a good one - I think I'll be nursing a Saturday morning hangover if things go as usual on mtb trips...

BarryT

Post by BarryT » Mon Sep 03, 2018 10:38 am

Age Domestique is a great title!
There was a bit of new kit on display this past weekend, all looks good. So yes, maybe as much new kit as possible this Saturday?

laverda1959

Post by laverda1959 » Mon Sep 03, 2018 2:01 pm

Ill see you Saturday,
Geoff c

David14

Post by David14 » Mon Sep 03, 2018 8:28 pm

Barry
I’ll be there for both ride and celebrations! Haven’t picked up my new kit yet so I think I’ll be out in.....well, grey I’d imagine.
I shall also be demonstrating the foolishness of spending money on bike upgrades as I have put on exactly double the amount of weight that my bike has lost over the holidays.
See you then
David

Fran

Post by Fran » Tue Sep 04, 2018 10:56 am

Hi there,
Long time no see....
I should be there for ride/breakfast on new kit (or maybe my winter kit) and new wheels.
Fran

Tim13

Post by Tim13 » Tue Sep 04, 2018 6:34 pm

Fantastic Barry, i’m up for the ride and breakfast

Do you want me to bring anything?

Tim

BarryT

Post by BarryT » Wed Sep 05, 2018 9:37 am

Nothing needed Tim, thanks, just bring your bike, your new kit and an appetite.
Anyone else? Please post below so I know how many faken rashers and lentil fritters to buy.

Peter R

Post by Peter R » Wed Sep 05, 2018 10:38 am

Yes me as well thanks Barry