Safe cycling campaign

Stuff about this forum, general housekeeping etc.

If you cannot find what you are looking for it may (eventually) be in here.
DanielL

Safe cycling campaign

Post by DanielL » Mon Mar 31, 2014 9:30 am

Greetings all at BCC.

For those of you that do not know me I am Daniel and before I moved house I was a regular rider with BCC.

I hope this e mail finds you all well and wanted to ask a favour? I am trying to put some pressure on Boris Johnson to fix the hundreds of potholes in London's cycle lanes as my commute is just ridiculously dangerous.

Below is the initial e mail I sent and for those interested I ask the following.

E Mail Boris at Mayor@London.gov.uk and ask him to fix the roads. Would be good to know if you do to monitor effectiveness.

Plus @fixtheroadBoris on twitter.

Thanks for your time.

Dear Mr Johnson

I saw you yesterday on the BBC news promoting the limited edition yellow Boris bikes introduced to celebrate the tour de France coming to this country in the summer. Whilst I wholeheartedly support London hosting this great event I find it quite frankly embarrassing for you to further promote cycling in the capital whilst the roads are in such a poor, dangerous condition.

You champion London as a cycling city whilst hundreds of cyclists are put at risk every day by the legions of holes on every inch of road. I commute from Peckham to Stockwell every day and look at the extremely dangerous road surfaces with despair.

The problem is so widespread that holes that should be deemed unacceptable in reality are probably in the bottom twenty per cent of those I would class "A severe danger", dodging holes has become the norm.

Make our roads safe Mr Johnson or else your continuous promotion of cycling seems hollow and insulting to those who have been injured.

Yours sincerely

Daniel Luscombe

Please insert address here for it to be accepted at City hall.