A note from the Treasurer/Secretary, Nov 2013

Stuff about this forum, general housekeeping etc.

If you cannot find what you are looking for it may (eventually) be in here.
BarryT

A note from the Treasurer/Secretary, Nov 2013

Post by BarryT » Tue Nov 26, 2013 6:16 pm

Just to keep everyone up to date with the admin side of things at BCC:

1) I am pleased to report that I have today applied online to renew our annual affiliation to British Cycling at a cost of £63 + £1 non-returnable admin fee (yes, really) although our current affiliation does not expire until the end of the calendar year. We will know 'within the next 21 days' whether or not our application has been successful but I cannot see why it should not be. I have applied early so as to obtain a reduction of £25 on our usual annual fee, and affiliation includes some insurance/indemnity cover for ride leaders.

2) Club funds are running low (I won't go into too much detail here but to give you a rough idea we would struggle to cover the coffee bill at The Press Room after our next ride), and as I'm sure you are all aware, although we run BCC on a very low budget, we rely totally on voluntary donations from club members. The last club social, arranged by myself and after taking thorough steps to ensure that everyone was aware of the date/time etc, was a mild disappointment with regard to the number of people who actually turned up. There were 7 of us, and this included Alan S who hasn't been on a club ride for 2+ years, Mark W who has maybe come along three times this year, and the lovely Gaby who has ridden with us twice. Consequently the funds raised were minimal.
So, anyone who rides regularly is more than welcome to make a small donation over the next few weeks and this will be very gratefully received and added to club funds.

3) I am happy to offer my time and limited expertise and continue in my role as treasurer/secretary/chief fundraiser/link to British Cycling/new member recruitment officer (especially with regard to the repeatedly requested hot and fit new lady riders) etc etc, unless anyone else is especially anxious to take over these duties? Please feel free to post your thoughts below, maybe with a few comments such as 'great job Barry' and 'this club would sink without you at the helm' etc.

Thank you.

NikH

Re: A note from the Treasurer/Secretary, Nov 2013

Post by NikH » Tue Nov 26, 2013 7:43 pm

Barry you're doing a great job :)

As previously promised, I will bung some funds your way when I next see you on a ride.

Nik

daws

Post by daws » Tue Nov 26, 2013 10:07 pm

Barry

I echo Nik's comment.

What a great job you are doing.

I will bung in a few quid when I am next on a ride, whenever that maybe.

Little sympathy at home after my knee op today although I suppose it could be construed that I am taking the piss with my wonderful and tole tent wife, constant demands of a cup of tea,glass of squash, can you hold it why I pea, I am hungry what's there to eat, pass the phone, iPad, TV controls, that sort of thing.

I think sometimes I push too far.

Anyway already jealous of people able to go on the next ride.

Gareth

ps first day and already bored.

markf

Post by markf » Wed Nov 27, 2013 9:27 am

Hi Barry

Have really enjoyed rides I've been out on with BLCC but havent paid any club membership fee as yet. How much would you like from me as a contribution..£20,£30..? Will be happy to transfer online if you could pm me details.

Many thanks, Mark F

HiFry23

Post by HiFry23 » Wed Nov 27, 2013 4:04 pm

Would have been at the event, had we not been in Spain doing the Sierra Nevada mountains at the time. Eventful - one ruptured knee ligaments (was op'd on today), one bashed and stitched face, and one broken leg...I got some mozzie bites. Quite the most severe trails any of us have been on - think 200' sheer drops off a foot wide paths, rocky descents on near vertical terrain etc. Fun. Will be out soon I'm sure and happy to contribute...

Peter R

Post by Peter R » Fri Nov 29, 2013 9:19 pm

Barry,

Undoubtedly you are doing a great job. Sorry I missed the social - was an unfortunate clash.

I owe subs and will cough up next time see you - tomorrow. Happy to do an electronic transfer also?

Chrs

Peter

BarryT

Post by BarryT » Thu Dec 12, 2013 3:48 pm

Thanks everyone for that spontaneous and totally unexpected praise; I am truly flattered. But I may have messed things up slightly. The application to renew our affiliation was submitted prior to the end of Nov which should have entitled us to a £25 discount but apparently I was supposed to attach a file with details of our club kit even though nothing has changed from the previous year (and the fact that hardly anyone wears it any more). So our application was rejected and I had to resubmit, which I have done but after the Nov deadline. So waiting to hear if we will need to pay the full rate, and will keep you all informed when I get any news.
A small whipround at the G!RO cafe in Esher on Sat last week has more than doubled our club funds (thanks to Warwick, ChrisF and MarkF) and everything is looking rosy now, although any further donations would be very much appreciated.
See you all on the road soon, but not this coming weekend as I shall be away (But take a look at the Saturday ride section and let me know if you fancy a ride to Brighton on Saturday morning) (And Gareth, how's your knee? Will we see you on the bike again soon? Interested in silly offers for those new low mileage wheels and Di2 groupset?)

BarryT

Post by BarryT » Tue Dec 17, 2013 3:03 pm

Confirmation of our continued membership of British Cycling received today.......

Dear Mr --------------
We are pleased to inform you that your application to renew your affiliation to British Cycling has been approved and is now complete.

Payment receipt information:

Affiliation
Number Club Affiliation
Type Affiliation
Fee Sponsor Fee
110633 Berrylands Cycling Club Club / Team - Discounted £63.00 Free
Total Paid: £63.00

Application Submission Date: 03/12/2013
Affiliation Valid from Date: 17/12/2013
Affiliation Valid to Date: 31/12/2014

Kind regards
The Club Services Team