Christmas Social and AGM - 2017

Stuff about this forum, general housekeeping etc.

If you cannot find what you are looking for it may (eventually) be in here.
MarkG
Site Admin
Twitter: @markgarnish

Christmas Social and AGM - 2017

Post by MarkG » Sat Oct 21, 2017 3:41 pm

Hi All,

Our Christmas social and AGM will be on Saturday December 2nd probably at the Royal Oak but that still has to be confirmed by Dave provided he doesn’t get eaten by a lion or swallowed by a snake in the next few days (we can only hope). Start time to TBC but around 7:30

As most of you know, but for the benefit of newer members, we don’t have a constitution, a rule book or committee which seems to work pretty well for us so like last year, there will be no formal business of any description apart from giving Barry £10 for your membership fees (£5 for country members). This broadly covers our British Cycling affiliation fees and the hosting costs of the website. It also covers any spontaneous decisions by the treasurer to buy socks. You may have guessed from this that Barry is happy to carry on being treasurer.
We will also encouraging people to sign up to leads rides during 2018.

Please do invite partners but sorry, no children as the landlord is uneasy if they are still there after about 9PM.

We are planning on organising some food so we do need numbers. Can you let me know if you are coming and whether you will bringing a +1. I’ll start the ball rolling by saying Sue is coming along.

Look forward to hearing from you.

Thanks

Mark

NikH

Re: Christmas Social and AGM - 2017

Post by NikH » Sat Oct 21, 2017 3:59 pm

I’ll definitely be there. Probably just me - my a+1 otherwise engaged.

laverda1959

Post by laverda1959 » Sun Oct 22, 2017 3:07 pm

Sadly will not be there.On fat tyres in Costa Rica.Geoff .C

StuB

Post by StuB » Mon Oct 23, 2017 11:47 am

Ill be there Mark ,Any excuse for a drunken ride home on my bike,not sure about the wife, regards food she doesn't eat much so no need to worry too much if i can find a sitter.
PS i love the halloween make over on the web page, some has obviously got too much time on their hands.

Stuart

BarryT

Post by BarryT » Mon Oct 23, 2017 2:21 pm

Confirming my attendance and almost certainly accompanied by Victoria the Spanish navigator/co-driver. But no food for us thanks.
With ref to membership payments I would welcome cash on the night as opposed to bank transfers, unless you’re not able to attend the AGM in which case please get in touch and we’ll make alternative arrangements. And I know how much you all value those pink socks but no further purchases planned for this year, sorry.

bestd
Twitter: @BertieLandrover

Post by bestd » Wed Oct 25, 2017 6:08 pm

Just Mr B (Mrs B out not eaten by Croc)