Ride London

Stuff about this forum, general housekeeping etc.

If you cannot find what you are looking for it may (eventually) be in here.
MarkG
Site Admin
Twitter: @markgarnish

Ride London

Post by MarkG » Thu Apr 04, 2019 9:44 am

I get loads of emails via the website, many of which are spam or I just ignore them. This one may be of interest.

Thanks

Mark

Hi there,

My name is Annie and I’m writing you from Village Aid with an exciting opportunity. Village Aid is the beak District’s international development charity and we work to empower communities in West Africa to break the cycle of poverty. We have 14 charity places for this year’s RideLondon-Surrey 100 mile cycling event, and we’re looking for some keen cyclists to fill those spaces!

Since the ballot has now closed, I wondered if there might be anyone in your cycling club still looking for a place in this year’s event.

This year the event is taking place on August 4th, 2019 and we are looking for passionate and enthusiastic cyclists for the Village Aid team. If you know of any cyclists who might be interested I’d love to hear from you!
Cyclists can conquer the mighty miles between London and Surrey knowing that every mile they cycle and every penny they raise means that Village Aid can continue working to support the communities that need us most. The places are absolutely free to those interested in cycling to support Village Aid, we just ask for a minimum sponsorship of £750. We’ll be there to support cyclists every step of the way with tips and tricks, fundraising resources, motivational advice and a friendly smile.

Thank you so much for taking the time to read this quick message and please feel free to reach out to me via email, or you can always give me a call at 01629 814434.

Best wishes,
Annie