Saturday 24th August 2019

If you organised a ride, or agreed to write a report on it please take a few moments to write a brief (or long) report,

We can then take our time to correct your memory of events and correct your grammar.
bestd
Twitter: @BertieLandrover

Saturday 24th August 2019

Post by bestd » Sat Aug 24, 2019 6:45 pm

6 Riders met at 6.45am for my "Long Windsor" which was a mash up of lots of different routes we have done plus some linkers to try and mix it up a bit. Lovely new steed for Barry!

Did ride and posted out but my IT skills let me down and obviously saved a private which meant only I had the route. No problem unless you are in long-sighted. New Garmin great but smaller screen a challenge to read!

So slightly worried off we went up King Charles, across to Long Ditton, out to Esher, down Weybridge, Addlestone, Ottershaw, Chobham, Valley End, Virginia Water, Englefield Green, Dachet and Windsor.

Coffee, tea and lots of Cakes at usual cafe (10% discount for cyclists!) Second carrot cake for Davide (chocolate!) and then off back via Crimp Hill, Egham and usual route back.

We were fairly rapid when we were moving - we average 15.5mph including a long cafe stop.

Some kid in back of car moaning on the way out at length of trip there (it was quite long so justified!) and a few route errors given my lack of vision!

Great ride - no mechanicals.

Riders out - Sir John, Davide, BarryT, Contadaws, Wozz & DB

Thanks for coffee Wozz/Sir John

David14

Re: Saturday 24th August 2019

Post by David14 » Sat Aug 24, 2019 7:40 pm

This was the ride leader’s finest hour(s). All sins forgiven and unfulfilled guarantees forgotten.

Really good and original route. A decent pace too which allowed big chunks of cake in Windsor and still remain calorie neutral for the morning. Lots of fun. Carrot cake especially good.

Must save that route for a rerun sometime

Btw the coffee and cakes were generously provided by Gareth.

bestd
Twitter: @BertieLandrover

Post by bestd » Sun Aug 25, 2019 8:01 am

Ah thanks Wozz for tea/cin

BarryT

Post by BarryT » Sun Aug 25, 2019 6:27 pm

Have not managed many club rides in the last few months and no sign of that changing any time soon unfortunately but I’ll be out when I can. Very much enjoyed yesterday, being out on a new bike helped obviously and Davide’s comment that I ‘look very low and comfortable and thin and now ride like a professional’ was very welcome. Interesting route with plenty of new roads, decent distance, good coffee stop and social catch up, and even the ride leader’s late/non-existent directions added to the fun each time we went the wrong way, which happened frequently and repeatedly. Btw, has he been drug tested recently?