Saturday 6th July 2019

If you organised a ride, or agreed to write a report on it please take a few moments to write a brief (or long) report,

We can then take our time to correct your memory of events and correct your grammar.
MarkG
Site Admin
Twitter: @markgarnish

Saturday 6th July 2019

Post by MarkG » Tue Jul 09, 2019 8:59 am

Sorry for the delayed ride report.

5 set off to complete the Surrey section of Ride 100.

A gentle spin out to Kingston and then some quality group riding at speed to Newlands Corner. We were averaging just under 20mph to this point.

The rest of the route was followed as best we can but the closed roads from Headley to Leatherhead meant we had to take a detour on a road only slightly less busy than the M25 – thanks Gareth.

There were fewer people out cycling than I would have expected but we were joined at Walton lights by a quite large and fast group. We tried to stay with them for 30 seconds but it was impossible. Many of them were the Onyx Racing Team we see in Richmond Park from time to time with Yanto Barker riding with them. Probably no big surprise that they were too quick for us and dominated all the Strava times for the day.

Coffee in the sunshine at the Giro (thanks Dave).

Riders Out: Sir John, Contadaws, Francrashco, Andy & Mark G

David14

Re: Saturday 6th July 2019

Post by David14 » Tue Jul 09, 2019 12:01 pm

This was a top ride. Good planning, Mark.
It was a bit pacey until Newlands but not many about that early so was fine. I think there was genuine concern in the Onyx team that you may just have stayed on the back.
How did Fran do 6.23 on Box after all that?

Thanks for (2nd) coffee
David

Fran

Re: Saturday 6th July 2019

Post by Fran » Tue Jul 09, 2019 2:13 pm

Easy I did find a shortcut.
Thanks for the ride and drinks.
Last edited by Fran on Thu Jul 11, 2019 8:47 pm, edited 2 times in total.